Subject: TESTERS REQUIRED: major change to libcurses
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/25/2001 23:34:25
Folks,
        I have just completed some development work on our curses
library that implements the newterm and set_term functions.  These
functions will allow our curses to support an application talking to
multiple (possibly totally different) terminals at the same time.  To
add these functions I have had to perform some fairly major surgery at
the lowest level of the library.  The upshot is that nobody should
really notice any difference but I need some people to test my code to
make really sure that the changes are ok (needless to say, I believe
they work ;-).  So, if you are feeling brave or have an idle moment or
two then please grab /pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn/curses_patches.tgz from
ftp.netbsd.org and follow the instructions in the README in the tar
file.  If anyone has any questions or comments then just email me.  If
you are going to discuss this on the mailing lists then _please_ CC me
as I have not had time to keep up with the NetBSD mailing lists for
quite a while now :-(