Subject: Re: MacOS-X/NeXT style dynamic libraries
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/29/2001 16:35:48
[ On Monday, October 29, 2001 at 21:07:24 (GMT), Christos Zoulas wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: MacOS-X/NeXT style dynamic libraries
>
> In article <20011029205939.0A40CBE@proven.weird.com>,
> Greg A. Woods <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG> wrote:
> >
> > I've just begun trying to find out if the dyld and related stuff from
> > Mach/NeXT/Darwin/MacOS-X is available and if it could be used to replace
> > the GNU linker (ld and ld.so*) on a plain *BSD kernel with ELF format
> > binaries....
>
> Welcome to mission impossible :-)

It's no doubt a project beyond my present abilities, especially given
the amount of spare time I would have to devote to such a project
(i.e. zero time, without additional funding to explicitly support it).

However many of the techniques they implement now might be suitable for
future implementation in the existing tools used by *BSD, and at least
some of them might even fit in quite nicely.

--
							Greg A. Woods