Subject: Re: proposed changes to system config files
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/28/2001 11:05:10
Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au> writes:

[ This is looking very similar to misc/12814... ]

> ----------------- /etc/defaults/rc.conf ----------------------
> # Set this to the hostname or the IP address of the router that will
> # route IPv6 packets.
> # If blank, use /etc/mygate6
> #
> defaultroute6=""

One thing that strikes me is that it doesn't scale terribly well,
i.e. what's going to be done for the next additional address family to
be supported?

Furthermore, ifconfig.if(5) provides an example of routing information
being modified using shell evaluation, so why add an alternative
interface to that interface?  (Note I'm not arguing about possibly
deprecating the existing defaultroute/mygate at this point...)

- Klaus