Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/26/2001 21:41:51
>	http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/taylor-uucp6.tgz

>The package was tested only on Solaris so far, so if someone uses UUCP on
>NetBSD, I'd appreciate some feedback. (Where are all the people that
>scream murder when it comes to touching the in-tree UUCP? :-)

Probably happily using UUCP :-)
Will installing this package screw me/them?

I'm one of the ones that uses UUCP - from my MX but I don't currnetly
have one.  I can install this on one of my other machines and check
that it works.

>BTW, I'm not sure under which directory and package name to commit this
>package. Choices I see are

>for the package name. Any thoughts? Are there any other UUCP packages out
>there that might turn up?

I'd probably just use "uucp" as the directory and package name.  I think
Taylor-UUCP is close to the canonical implementation these days, I
used to install it on solaris too.  If some other package does come
along it can get a qualifier.

Thanks
--sjg