Subject: Re: uucp pkg available for testing [was: Re: Proposal for new utility in base: bin/nc]
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/18/2001 12:11:53
I'm unsure how you could have got into a situation whereby the
package database doesn't reflect the packages installed on a machine.
If you're talking about the various ${PKG_DBDIR} directories, they
get installed by pkg_create or pkg_add, and deleted by pkg_delete.
Have you been using FORCE_PKG_REGISTER, or using manual methods of
changing the database, or forcing deletion of packages? This is
not exactly recommended. If it's the pkg_admin db file that's out
of sync, a "pkg_admin rebuild" should sort things out.

Regards,
Alistair