Subject: Re: stdio FILE extension
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/17/2001 00:32:07
>>>>> Jason R Thorpe writes:
Jason> ANY library which references ANY function in libc.  That is to
Jason> say, almost ALL libraries provided by ANYONE.

Hi Jason, and thanks for the explanation. But I think I understand the
technical side of this pretty well. My question was meant to be more
from a pragmatic viewpoint.

I mean, if there turns out to exist no concrete examples of these
binary-only third party libraries this discussion is merely
hypothetical, and we could just go ahead and do the bump. It wouldn't
affect anyone.

So I assume that there has to exist a lot of examples, libraries that
people depend on? I'm just curious as to what they are. The only
example I have seen mentioned sofar is QT, but as I stated in another
mail I didn't find that to be a very convincing example, at least to
me... ;-)

Kind regards,

        -- Urban