Subject: Re: stdio FILE extension
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/16/2001 23:50:57
  One thing that I'd like to see is a warning from LD if I wind up attempting
the:
	ld -o foo foo.o -llibbar -llibc.so.13

  where libbar depends upon libc.so.12.

  The reason *I* keep asking about the libc bump is because at some point we
*will* have to do it. I'm not saying that it will be fun, or desireable, but
the accumulated cruft will overcome the pain. Also, people doing certain
restricted environments (where they do not have any dependancies) may like to
get rid of the cruft.