Subject: Re: Proposal for new utility in base: bin/nc
To: None <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/12/2001 22:36:13
And for those cases, use pkgsrc and install nc then.

If we try to include all the "cool" tools people want then half of the devel
tree, most of the sysutils, etc out of pkgsrc would end up in the base system.
(lsof, perl, ttcp, the list goes on...)

That's bloat we don't need and I still have yet to hear anything convincing
that this tool falls into the "system is difficuly/useless without it"
catagory. This is the *whole point* of pkgsrc..

James