Subject: Re: standard MAN page format
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/12/2001 19:16:41
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:
>   I think that we should introduce a new standard header: HOMEPAGE.
> A URL could go under HISTORY instead I suppose.
>
>   This isn't too important for stuff distributed with the system, but
> is for pkg's. I'd actually advocate putting the pkg-name as well into the man
> page via some standard way, but I suspect that is a PITA.
>
>   The key thing is to put this into our reference (mdoc(7), mdoc.samples(7))
> pages. I will do that if there are no objections.

I think this kind of information is fine where it is - in the pkg's
Makefile for pkgsrc, and in installed pkgs you can get it with "pkg_info
pkgname". No need to frob that into manpages!

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/