Subject: Re: sushi mysteries
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/09/2001 14:05:04
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Tim Rightnour wrote:

: >       nvi needed some trick for this (ESC means, of course, termination of
: >       vi command), so it should be a common problem...
:
: It's a problem for me anytime I use curses..  Anyone know what this trick is?
: I can't seem to figure it out..  (these problems didn't manifest themselves
: under ncurses..  obviously something is different here.)

Timeouts, if configurable, probably should be no *less* than 500ms (0.5sec)
to compensate for varying terminal latencies.  I don't know if there's a way
to "auto-timeout" if particular bad sequences are hit, or if it's easy to
recognize (and throw out, if necessary) *all* special-key sequences defined
in termcap.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/