Subject: Re: User "sleeper" in wall
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/03/2001 22:43:56
On 3 Jan 2001, Martin J. Laubach wrote:

# Date: 3 Jan 2001 13:44:58 GMT
# From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
# To: tech-userlevel@netbsd.org
# Newsgroups: emsi.netbsd.tech.userlevel
# Subject: User "sleeper" in wall
#
#   While strolling through our source tree, I noticed that in
# wall/wall.c there is a definition of a user "sleeper" which
# is skipped while scanning the utmp records.

...!  My goodness, that's *still* there?

Maybe I should change my login name to "sleeper" and avoid all the pesky
broadcasts :-).

#   That code has been there since the beginning of time, but
# does it have any reason to be and can it be eliminated?

I have a hard time believing it was much else than debugging code, myself.

# 	mjl
#

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD is much like a tipi:  No windows, no gates, and an apache inside.