Subject: Re: twisty little threads
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/28/2000 16:44:51
Hubert Feyrer writes:
> On 28 Dec 2000, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> > Is there something else that needs to be done in netbsd to breath a
> > bit of life into threads?
> AFAIK there's work being don on that front. Until then, the
> unproven-pthreads pkg is probably the best thing you have available.

Actually I was wondering more on "how to use it" level.  When using
unproven-pthreads on netbsd should one by calling any particular
thread routines periodically to give up control voluntarily?  It looks
like the "grip" program when run on netbsd-current never passes
control to the second thread from the main thread.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems. http://www.gnomad-mapping.com/