Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/23/2000 20:56:35
>>Why are those files being placed into the locale subdirectory,
>>considering that they're not related to this subsystem at all?  Either
>>the existing 'string' or a new subdirectory dedicated to wide
>>character support would be more suiting.
>	for me lib/libc/locale looks to be the most natural location.
>	all other wchar_t related parsers are in lib/libc/locale.

	choices are:
	lib/libc/locale
	lib/libc/string
	lib/libc/wstring, lib/libc/wchar, lib/libc/wctype (or whatever)

	we will have some "wide-char ready variant stdio" code in the near
	future, where should we put them?  note that prototypes for wide-char
	string manipulation, and wide-char stdio, are all in wchar.h, or wctype.h.

itojun