Subject: Re: Removing cvs from basesrc.
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2000 17:28:20
>FWIW I have been working on a modernized and rewritten "etcupdate"
>script which will use RCS (and explicitly *not* CVS!) to maintain local
>changes to distributed files in /etc and to assist people who build from
>source in updating their /etc files without loosing any local changes.
>This tool will require the daily archiving of files listed in
>/etc/changelist use RCS too, of course....

it's funny you should mention that...i just *rewrote* the patch to
/etc/security to do *exactly that* that i first wrote at least two
years ago.  see pr misc/6566.

off hand, i'd say that anyone who feels like it ought to simply close
that pr.  the patch is way out of date, and i'm almost certain it has
bugs.  it's mostly worthless.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|