Subject: Re: getopt replacement, part 2
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/06/2000 10:28:11
On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Thomas Klausner wrote:

: If we really mean it, we should also remove all uses of GNU
: getopt{,1}.{c,h} files in src/gnu/ -- otherwise there will be some
: special programs that _do_ reorder their arguments.

If programs want to replace getopt, they should be allowed to do so, as that
is how they will function out-of-the-box.  We should not supplant those
versions unless we're identical to them (and we obviously won't be).

I'll have more thoughts on the rest of this later.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/