Subject: Re: XFree86 (3.3.6?) and keyboard jams
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/01/2000 06:28:04
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 06:16:56PM -0500, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> You checked to make sure it wasn't getty and X on the same terminal
> fighting each other?

That's a good point.  I've always assumed they would chew each other's
input, rather than come up with extra characters, but I've never
figured out how to get xdm/X to start on a specific tty where I made
sure there wouldn't be a getty.

If you can reveal that bit to me (I'm sure I'm missing something
fundamental, but the obvious routes didn't seem to work correctly,
like disabling getty on ttyE3 doesn't ensure that xdm/X don't start on
ttyE1, for examle :-(

++L