Subject: Re: About the libintl import...
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/03/2000 16:43:53
On 3 Nov 2000, Klaus Klein wrote:

: Whilst I'm a big fan of not adding bloat to libc, I'd prefer to see
: the functionality of the current libintl being added to it(*) -
: setting aside the strerror() and signal name strings, which can be
: easily supported using catgets(), libc contains a huge number of
: diagnostics and error strings for which I'd consider the gettext()
: interface the most convenient choice.

Not against the libintl merge, but rather the consistency; we already use
catgets() for other things in libc, so I'd think that giving these things
IDs in an internal header file and using catgets() would be a bit more
uniform than gettext() in one place and catgets() in another.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/