Subject: Re: mount*(8) linked as one binary ?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/27/2000 19:05:18
Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> seems not-unreasonable.  here are some comments:
>
> * there should probably be a way to disable this, and/or to limit
> the number of programs which are used in this way.  (really, it should
> be possible to switch them between built-in and stand-alone, without
> modifying the source tree, in my opinion.)

Yes, the possibility to compile any mount_* as standalone is kept - it's
still possible to 'cd sbin/mount_FOO && make' and it would still
build the binary.  Adding/removing stuff from the list is matter
of editing basesrc/sbin/Makefile and basesrc/sbin/mount/Makefile.

> * it would probably be good of the change to mount/mntopts.h were
> instead _generated_ from the list being built into the single binary,
> into a header file which was then included.

True. I'll drop the prototypes from mntopts.h altogether, generate them into
checkname.c directly and update individual sbin/mount_*/mount_*.c
to include prototype for "theirs" mount_FOO.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@