Subject: colors on wscons
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/30/2000 20:18:51
After i've made pkgsrc/audio/cam use our in-tree curses, I've discovered
something funny:

When 'cam' is started on wscons (TERM=vt220), it uses some bold/standout
display attributes.

When on the same wscons (TERM=vt220) screen(1) is started (TERM=screen
inside), and 'cam' is started there, it's full of colors.

I've played a bit more, and found out that back on the wscons, setting
TERM to 'ansi' does a lot of good there, too. IIRC the VT220 was capable
of doing color - is there a good reason we don't tell in our termcap
entry to do so?

(I don't know where the knob to turn that on is, else I'd probably try it)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>