Subject: Re: rc_configured & default/rc.conf
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/08/2000 13:48:34
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> The default for rc_configured is NO, and configured systems have to set it
> to 'YES' manuallt. With that in mind, I wonder why there is no
> rc_configured=NO in etc/default/rc.conf, with configured systems getting
> an additional (manual) rc_configured=YES in etc/rc.conf?
>
> Of course sysinst would need a change, but this would be consistent
> then, no?

Following up myself: such a change already needs to be made for sysinst in
order to configure wscons again properly on at least i386. After that
switch, wscons isn't enabled any more, which will lead to user complaints
again why virtual consoles are not on by default. Bad.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>