Subject: Re: changing how ftpd handles multiple data paths with a client
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/09/2000 11:19:09
On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 03:01:26PM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> I think that the best approach would be to rewrite ftpd from scratch,
> but since nobody will have time for this, your approach might be as
> good as any other.
>
> What will you do about OOB handling (which is the part I find most
> disgusting)?

Ignore OOB.  Because ftpd would no longer block on sending/receiving
data, there can be a rule in cmd:
	| ABOR
		{
			if (! sending_data && ! receiving_data)
				reply(error, "no data to ABOR.");
			else {
				/* iterate over send/recv paths, close
				 * their descriptors, and free up resources
				 * associated with the connection. */
				sending_data = 0;
				receiving_data = 0;
			}
		}

It probably wouldn't work like that, but you get the idea.

--aidan