Subject: Re: Suggestion: inclusion of the truncate(1) utility into the tree
To: Alexander Langer <alex@FreeBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Espie <Marc.Espie@liafa.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/21/2000 20:29:42
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 08:02:27PM +0200, Alexander Langer wrote:
> With this mail I'd like to encourage the other BSD's to discuss
> the inclusion of truncate(1) as well.

If you are concerned about discrepancies with other BSDs, you should try
to get NetBSD (and maybe BSDi ? I don't follow BSDi...) to include perl
in their base distribution.

There are numerous discrepancies in some of our scripts with respect to theirs
(packages come to mind) that simply come from not having perl around, and
being forced to make do with somewhat more unwieldy tools...
--
	Marc Espie