Subject: Re: libc tags
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/07/2000 08:00:50
Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de> writes:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 11:10:35PM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> > Is there anybody who actually uses the libc tags database, built as
> > part of the libc build and installed into /var/db/libc.tags?
> [..]
>
> > (1) does anybody use it?  and
>
> If I was hacking libc, I would.

would you actually use ctags, or would you really use one of the
(much-touted) more modern tools out there?

and how would/do you cope with the path-wiring issues as mentioned?

> At least, I would curse myself for not using tags when hunting down obscure
> kernel functions.

i.e., you actually use ctags on the kernel?  that's interesting
(surprising to me, to be honest, since their generation has never been
in a great state, in NetBSD), but not entirely relevant to the
question at hand.  8-)

cgd