Subject: Re: bin/10116: vi somewhat easily confused by suspension
To: None <gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: ITOH Yasufumi <itohy@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/17/2000 14:38:13
moving to tech-userlevel,

atatat@atatdot.net writes:
> 	the arrow keys stop working in vi if i suspend it, run another
> 	program (eg, vi or man, probably others), and then resume.

I think the immediate workaround is not to use curses keypad() function
(undef HAVE_CURSES_KEYPAD).  Nvi version of the function is different
from that of curses.

But, hmm...,
I think the traditional curses had an exported function "tstp()",
which does suspend and all the troublesome things about it
in place of the userland programmer.

What is the correct way to suspend a process with modern curses?
__stop_signal_handler() does it, but it doesn't seem exported....
--
ITOH, Yasufumi