Subject: Re: openssl [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/31/2000 01:58:44
Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> writes:
> If openssh needs RSA, building the "openssl" package is not enough,
> because that could be built with or without RSA just as well as the
> NetBSD-current "openssl". So we need two tests, first to see if we
> need to build the package, second to see if we need RSARef, so we can
> build the rsaref package and add -lrsaref to the libs (on a.out,
> especially). The second condition is independent of the first.

If I recall correctly, the configure script of the openssh source
checks explicitly for <openssl/rsa.h> or <openssl/include/rsa.h>,
which is why I changed the test.  I can say for sure that it fails to
build on a 20000320 NetBSD/i386 build including the crypto-intl
sources.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/