Subject: Re: more work in rc.d [was Re: rc, rc.shutdown proposed change]
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/2000 21:57:45
    Date:        Fri, 17 Mar 2000 05:25:19 -0500 (EST)
    From:        der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>

  | But in most areas, when someone proposes a new feature, one of the
  | first things I ever see is some form of "make sure it doesn't break
  | anything".  That seems to have fallen by the wayside here.

How?   What has been broken?   Certainly if anything is actually broken
that needs to be fixed (and would have been better fixed before being
installed).   But I haven't actually heard of anything being more broken
than "it doesn't suit my way of doing things" - which is going to be
an outcome from any change at all.

So can you point to something in the system which no longer functions,
and used to function before?

kre