Subject: Re: more work in rc.d [was Re: rc, rc.shutdown proposed change]
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/14/2000 23:03:36
On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 08:41:50AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> I'm a little annoyed that the current rc.d stuff went in.  It's almost like
> Luke simply chose to ignore all feedback he received on it.

I've been debating how best to bring this up: I'd like to see a suite of
programs/scripts/shell-functions, even, labelled "start", "stop", "reset",
"restart" and possibly more, all drawing from a common configuration file
for their eventual operation.  We alreay have named.restart, it would be
nicer in the form "restart named", to be paralleled by "restart sendmail".

Any good reason not to investigate this further?

++L