Subject: Re: misc/8853: mtree files need some touching up
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/18/2000 13:34:37
Verily did David Brownlee write:

> 	Rob, how far did you get on this?

Well, I sent the PR, there was some chatter about it, and then it was
filed away and forgotten.

I guess people expected me to post a query to tech-userlevel and then
commit the change myself, where I was hoping that someone else would
do the legwork.  :>

No problem, I'll post on tech-userlevel now.

Tech-userlevel guys, here's the proposed change:

<a> Add /etc/ppp to src/etc/mtree/NetBSD.dist, since pppd requires that
    subdir.  New users get somewhat confused when it doesn't exist and
    the pppd(8) manpage makes many references to it.

<b> Add a _lot_ of files to src/etc/mtree/special to cover some rather
    important files (IMO) that have been missed.

Please see http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=8853
and let me know what you think.  Barring a major "thumbs down", I'll
commit this change in early Feb.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@warthog.com                             __o
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth                    _`\<,_
                                                       (_)/ (_)
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.