Subject: Re: inode numbers, was filehandles
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/08/1999 09:09:03
> ([Larger ino_t] [m]ight cause some issues with fsresize, but that
> seems to have sputtered out anyway.  B-))

AFAIK, fsresize is sitting there with code that was an attempt at doing
what fsck and newfs did to get the rotational layout foo right, but
apparently not succeeding.  All I've done is add code to deliberately
corrupt the cgs, to make fsck recompute them; I haven't yet gotten the
necessaries (time, inclination, opportunity) together to do enough
testing to be sure this actually makes it work in even a minimal sense,
much less tried to make fsresize get the data structures right.

Anyone who cares to is welcome to pick up the ball.  If not, I probably
will, but I can't promise anything about when - which I suppose counts
as "sputter[ing] out". :-/

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca