Subject: Re: update(8)
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/28/1999 01:04:32
Sorry, I'm a bit behind on my email ... been out of town....

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 09:27:39AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> I'm going through the install tools deleting references to update(8),
> and notice that we still build and install it.  Is this right or an
> oversight?

Are there any non-FFS filesystems supported by NetBSD currently or in
the future that will not need sync run on them every so often?

Wouldn't it be better to just leave update "OFF" in rc.conf and put
a note in the manpage to the effect of "This command is only needed when
using some filesystems, see mount_foo for your filesystem for more
information."?

"She's a sonic magician."     Ross Smith really likes Ani Difranco.
                                                   April 22 1999 2:14am