Subject: Re: sccsid's and rcsid's
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/27/1999 07:50:38
Michael Graff writes:
> I'd like to continue the ``static char fooid[] = "bar";'' cleanup
> thing that was done some time ago.  This would touch every file in
> libc for one, and perhaps other libraries and files as well
> eventually.

Sounds like a sensible idea, but it may pay to wait until after 1.5?

This could also be done as part of a revised (ANSI-fied) KNF;
assuming that such a change was acceptable to the majority of
developers. I have a proposal on this I've been intending to
float for a while; I really should get around to doing it ;-)