Subject: Re: sccsid's and rcsid's
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/26/1999 13:06:37
Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au> writes:

> Yeah, except that you touch all of the kernel files. I suppose it's
> not that much of an issue. (Or are you shooting to have your name in
> as many of the $Id$ strings as possible? :) :) :

Oh, I was only going to touch the userland stuff pre-1.5, and get the
other files "as touched."  That is, if I edit one, I might update the
sccsid bits, otherwise I won't.

libc could be done anytime though, and since I have a large set of the
files done already...  :)

> Making them comments along the lines of
> 	/* originally from: @(#)rc 8.2 (Berkeley) 3/17/94 */
> is probably the best approach, since I don't think we'd ever really
> want to include these strings in a NetBSD kernel (or userland for that
> matter).

Agreed.  If that is what the concensus leans to, I'll re-run my Perl
script to make it so.

--Michael