Subject: Re: killall(1) ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/22/1999 00:03:28
>> That would be nice.  Just please don't call it 'killall' as that
>> means very different things on various systems.

> I'd prefer it be called killall, since that is what people expect to
> find...

I think Soren's point is that the functionality people expect to find
under the name "killall" varies widely depending on what environment
said people are coming from.  Since we can't get it right for all of
them, and a mistake could be pretty serious, it's probably safer to
leave the name killall unused by default.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca