Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2 and y2k
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/21/1999 15:35:50
On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 03:56:57PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:

> I have an i386 webserver that is running NetBSD 1.2. What do I need to
> hack to get y2k compliance?
>
> I have already ported the date command from 1.3, but I'm sure there
> are other things that I have to fix.

Maybe things such as cron, at, etc ... ? You can check the log messages from
the anoncvs service.
Note that you may have problems in the kernel too, because of bad interraction
between the kernel and the CMOS clock. This depends on your motherboard.
I think the fix was in sys/arch/i386/isa/clock.c.

But would I be in a similar situation I would upgrade to 1.4.1 ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>