Subject: Re: core dump filename format
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/07/1999 15:54:35
>> I can't see any decent way to implement %u; I don't think the kernel
>> has user names available.

> Think again.

> Look at getlogin(2)/setlogin(2).

> Look in curproc->p_session->s_login

Hmm!  Of course, the obvious next question is "what if the process
doesn't belong to a session?" (or, if that's not possible, what if it
belongs to the same session as init and inetd and such?).

Nevertheless, at the very least, we now have two potential formats: one
for this string (p->p_session->s_login) and one for the process's UID
(p->p_ucred->cr_uid or perhaps p->p_cred->pc_ruid - or perhaps two
formats, one for each).

What happens for the login user string if no session login name has
been set would have to be specified.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca