Subject: Re: RE: Need some advice regarding portable user IDs
To: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
From: Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanchez@apple.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/17/1999 20:14:42
| Yes... Why is this a FreeBSD problem then? I would have thought it
would be up
| to MacOS to do the UID remapping (I must be missing something)

  I'm trying to support a user experience similar to Mac OS using
BSD underneath (for Mac OS version 10).  The goal being simplicity
for the user, which I think might interest some FreeBSD users as well
as my customers.

| If you want proper username mapping shouldn't you be using a
distributed user
| map (like NIS)?

  And what happens accross NIS domains?

	-Fred

--
       Wilfredo Sanchez, wsanchez@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating Systems / BSD