Subject: Re: cdcontrol / cdctl
To: Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
From: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/25/1999 05:10:57
Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk> writes:

> Hi all. There was some talk on current-users a few months ago about a
> simple 'cdcontrol' utility for playing audio CDs, ejecting disks, etc.
>
> I ported it, 'cos I like an easy way to do this sorta thing from the
> command line. Any objections to integrating this under /usr/sbin? Up on
> cvs.netbsd.org:~ad/cdcontrol.tgz for the curious...
>
> - ad

This should be renamed cdctl and placed in /usr/bin to keep with NetBSD
naming conventions.

I ported this code too a while ago, but upon closer examination of the
source, was so horrified that I never committed it. It *really* needs
a complete re-write. However, it *is* functional and actually having
it in the tree might encourage someone to take up arms against it. The
needed code is quite simple, but with still some scope for creativity,
so this would be a good project for many.

Cheers,
Julian.