Subject: Our fcntl(F_[GS]ETFL) calls
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/30/1999 14:09:35
problem, I started looking at adding extra flags to the file descriptor.

I discovered that the flags we added for POSIX compatabilty don't work.
We:

#define O_DSYNC         0x00010000      /* write: I/O data completion */
#define O_RSYNC         0x00020000      /* read: I/O completion as for write */

Unfortunatly we throw these values into a short! Thus these two get lost.

Also, does POSIX require we get & set O_ values? If so, then I guess I'll
need to define my flags as O_foo.

Take care,

Bill