Subject: Re: Enhanced locale support for 1.4
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/22/1999 07:30:54
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:06:49 +0900 (JST)
 Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp> wrote:

 > Mm, this member will be accessed from fgetwc() and friends,
 > thus performance is really important.
 > I believe it should be included in FILE struct, at least when
 > we bump the version of libc.
 >
 > But probably we can use the workaround you said until libc version
 > is bumped. Thanks.

OH OH OH OH OH!  I just had an idea, involving a combination of this
hash table hack and __RENAME(), which would avoid any need to bump
libc's major for this (only the minor), but I need to research a few
things first, and unfortunately, I need to run and catch the MUNI in
a few minutes...

But tonight (yes, sigh, tonight; I'm in the process of finishing up
my move to San Francisco) I will try to post a message about this.