Subject: Re: A solution for termcap lossage?
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/27/1999 18:54:39
According to Simon Burge:

>FWIW, I've tested ncurses terminfo databases on big- and little-endian
>32 bit machines and Alphas and the database is exactly the same in all
>cases.

Accepted but Mr. Woods was not originally talking about ncurses in
this case - he was talking about a statically linked Sun binary.  He
has more or less said what I had expected, there is no real
compatiability between vendors so a common terminfo database cannot be
done by basing it on, say, Sun's version.