Subject: Re: ypserv prints: svc_run returned
To: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/17/1999 22:01:48
	svc_run() calls warn(), which outputs to stderr.
	Unfortunately if running in the background stderr is not useful
	for ypserv.

	To get ypserv to run in the foreground you should be able to
	recompile with RPC_SVC_FG defined. Actually you could define
	DEBUG which will enable RPC_SVC_FG plus other cruft.

	Probably the best way to debug this would be to recompile
	with RPC_SVC_FG defined, this should get you some useful
	output from the warn() line in src/lib/libc/rpc/svc_run.c

	Hmm.. its a little lame that ypserv does not have a -f option
	to run in the foreground. Have just added one to -current.
	Depending on how old your -current is, you may be able to
	download the new usr.sbin/ypserv/ypserv/ypserv.c (you want
	revision 1.9). Your safest bet is just to use RPC_SVC_FG.

		David/absolute

	Then let us live and love so that people will say;
	     "The devil as well as god... is an englishman."