Subject: Re: sanitising make(1) variable overrides
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/26/1999 09:52:27
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> writes:
> I had diffs that caused X11 to install both; I'll try to dig them up.  Along
> with auto-cat-from-man, it could install just unformatted, I'm sure....

"until you have to wait for N minutes on your vax, to get the manual
page you need Right Now."  8-)

It's generally better to have one person building a
snapshot/distribution build manual pages than N users, esp. if those
users are on Slow machines.  (similar to the reason that if you get a
compression program that takes off even 5% of our distributions, that
can be useful and desirable.)

cgd