Subject: Re: "math" pkg category
To: None <feh39068@rrzc6.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/11/1998 17:48:33
In article <Pine.SOL.3.90.980411211422.8629C-100000@rrzc6> you write:
> I assume you speak about our pkgsrc/lang/py-Numeric pkg...
> it is the same as the FreeBSD ports/math/numpy pkg, right?

Yes and no. Different pkg, for same software.

Also, the version of py-Numkeric that was commited was an old one
(1.0b3). I have an updated version for 1.1. I'll take the opportunity to
make another small change, then you can commit that one to math. You can
do a repository copy if you like, but the 1.0b3 and 1.1 packages are
almost totally different.

> And while there mv graphics/gnuplot and x11/xplot there, too.
> Any objections?

I can see an argument for those either way, to move or stay where they
are. If FreeBSD has them, might as well use the same place.