Subject: RE: SCSI DAT tape drives.
To: None <gerryt@portal.ca, mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net>
From: None <mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/11/1998 15:13:02

[Michael VanLoon]  Actually, most of those drives are, in fact, made by
Seagate.  Seagate bought Conner, which I believe bought Archive.
Whatever the lineage, most DAT drives originate from Seagate these days.
HP or Sony might be an exception, but if it says Archive anywhere in the
Docs or firmware, it's made by Seagate.