Subject: Re: port-i386/4651: Man page describing booting NetBSD from Wind
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/1997 15:15:22
> - man to accept the SVR4-style '-s' option to indicate a section, which
> accepts more than just one digit (using BSD syntax for this works in
> conjunction with our current man(1) implementation, but is a little bit of
> breakage on the BSD 'standard' for man(1));

Ewww, "man -s". Why can't we make our make to accept e.g. "make 3f ..." instead
(IF this is really necessary to extend man-categories, which i do not like
anyways).

> - a section such as 7h for how-to documents, searched after sections 1, 8,
> and 6, but before the rest listed in man.conf;
>
> - a manual page intro(7h) to describe the how-to section.

My $0.02 on howtos: Why not put them in /usr/share/doc in some format? It would
be ok for users to just have plain ASCII files, I don't see a need to put them
in ms, man or whatever format. (Assuming noone wants pretty-printed
documentation ;)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>