Subject: Single UNIX Specification Version 2
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/16/1997 22:50:54
Go Solo 2, the authorized guide to Version 2 of the Single UNIX
Specification is now available.  The book comes with a companion
CD-ROM with the specification in HTML and PDF formats (a welcome
change from the proprietary format used in the first version).

I often refered to the first Go Solo while working on making NetBSD
standards compliant, and expect that the update (now that it's in a
format I can actually use on a NetBSD box) to be even more useful.
Those of you who hack on NetBSD with similar goals might find it
useful too.

For those of you who don't need instant access to the specification
but would find it convenient to browse through it from time to time,
the Open Group has put the spec on the web at:
	http://www.rdg.opengroup.org/public/pubs/catalog/t912.htm

Hope this information is useful,

	--jtc