Subject: Re: ftpd(8) enhancements
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@connect.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/23/1997 22:23:26
On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> Currently, all of these options are compiled in unless the
> preprocessor #define SMALL is set.
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this more configurable.

Create a /etc/ftp.conf file and put *all* configuration information
(excepting that currently in /etc/ftpusers and /etc/ftpchroot) in
there. Three config files is plenty for any program; if you use
/etc/ftpconv just for the conversions, we'll need a fourth one to
turn on and off things like README notification and so on.

For each of the features, I'd have three options: on, anonymous
only, and off. That way we can make sure that regular users aren't
going to get README warnings as they wander about their home
directories.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'