Subject: functions
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/31/1995 11:35:49
If anyone has any objections to the re-introduction of <search.h>
functions insque/remque and lsearch/lfind from libcompat into libc
please speak up.

I want to make this change so that all the search functions are in the
same library.  And unlike other functions in libcompat, their function
is not supplied by other functions in libc (ok, I'm willing to concede
that insque/remque are rendered obsolete by the macros in <sys/queue.h>)

With this change, those functions will join the hsearch/hcreate/hdestroy
functions already present in the C library.  I'll add the tsearch/tfind/
tdelete/twalk functions which I wrote today at the same.

        --jtc