Subject: Re: ftruncate & truncate prototypes &
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/18/1995 18:11:40
[ On Tue, April 18, 1995 at 16:51:16 (-0400), der Mouse wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ftruncate & truncate prototypes & <sys/types.h>
>
> But as an application author, I hate this sort of thing.  Having to
> play "where did this system hide the prototype for foo()" is one of the
> biggest parts of the reason I don't port my stuff to more systems.
> Some systems don't even _have_ <unistd.h>, and the ones that do vary
> widely on what goes in it.

Of course for NetBSD there's some modicum of control, and assuming all
the online documentation were updated to say what include files were
necessary for each function, then we could just say RTFM!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>