Subject: Re: how to handle namespace cleanup
To: None <jtc@cygnus.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/1994 09:32:14
> My question is should the function, lets use isinf() for this
> example, be renamed _isinf() and stay in isinf.c, while the indirect
> symbol mapping is put in _isinf.c.  Or should isinf.c be moved to
> _isinf.c, isinf() renamed to _isinf(), and the indirect symbol
> mapping put in isinf.c; with the second, the filenames match the
> functions inside them.  Or does anyone have any better sugesstions?

Are you asking about layout in the source tree, or the names of the .o
files in the libraries?  For the latter, I think I would prefer your
second suggestion; for the former, I see no need to have the files with
the weak^H^H^H^Hindirect references exist at all, except transiently
during the build.  Most syscalls are done in a similar way - see
lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc - and I can't see why something similar
couldn't be done here.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu